Today more than ever, it is imperative that you invest in your community and let your dollars circulate in that community to strengthen and stabilize neighborhoods.
African-Americans must make a strong effort to pool not only resources but money as well. We must sit in the seat to make decisions – financial decisions – that impact our lives.
Where do you start? By having a banking relationship with African-American owned banks or credit unions.
Below is a list of 37 from which you can choose. Simply click on the link and do your research and open an account within a week of reading this post.
- Alamerica Bank – Birmingham, Alabama
- Broadway Federal Bank – Los Angeles, California
- Carver Federal Savings Bank – New York, New York
- Carver State Bank – Savannah, Georgia
- Citizens Trust Bank – Atlanta, Georgia
- Citizen Trust Bank – Birmingham, Alabama
- Citizens Bank – Nashville, Tennessee
- City National Bank – Newark, New Jersey
- Columbia Savings and Loan – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Commonwealth National Bank – Mobile, Alabama
- Credit Union of Atlanta – Atlanta, Georgia
- FAMU Federal Credit Union – Tallahassee, Florida
- First Independence Bank – Detroit, Michigan
- First State Bank – Danville, Virginia
- First Tuskegee Bank – Tuskegee, Alabama
- Hill District Credit Union – Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Illinois Service Federal – Chicago, Illinois
- Industrial Bank – Washington D.C.
- Liberty Bank – Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Liberty Bank – Chicago, Illinois
- Liberty Bank – Jackson, Mississippi
- Liberty Bank – Kansas City, Missouri
- Liberty Bank – New Orleans, Louisiana
- Mechanics & Farmers Bank – Durham, North Carolina
- North Milwaukee State Bank – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Omega Psi Phi Credit Union – Lawrenceville, Georgia
- OneUnited Bank – Boston, Massachusetts
- One United Bank – Los Angeles,California
- OneUnited Bank – Miami, Florida
- Phi Beta Sigma Federal Credit Union – Washington, DC
- Seaway Bank – Chicago, Illinois
- South Carolina Community Bank – Columbia, South Carolina
- The Harbor Bank- Baltimore, Maryland
- Toledo Urban Credit Union – Toledo, Ohio
- Tri-State Bank – Memphis, Tennesse
- United Bank of Philidelphia – Philidelphia, Penn
- Unity National Bank – Houston, Texas