Picture it, 1970 something, you’re watching your favorite TV program and the commercial break is one of the different RIF commercials (1980 commercial & 1970s commercial). As you look at the very dated commercials of some 25 plus years ago, you realize the message still applies – READING IS FUNDAMENTAL.
September 6th is National Read A Book Day so here are some facts about reading and a link to the Crystalized Library!
Did You Know:
- 33% of high school graduates will never read a book after high school
- 42% of college graduates will never read a book after they graduate
- 15 minutes a day of reading will add up to 1 million words read annually
- 86% of wealthy people love to read with 88% claiming that they read self-improvement books for 30 minutes a day
- Reading Reduces Stress – a Mindlab International study at the University of Sussex showed that with just 6 minutes of reading, the participants showed decrease in heart rate and ease in muscle tension.
- Reading Makes You Interesting – the more you read, the more information you obtain and you are able to speak with others on a variety of subjects.
- Reading Helps Develop Verbal Skills – where it may not improve your communication skills, reading will equip you with a wider range of words to use in communicating with others.
- Reading Improves Focus & Concentration – being engaged in a book takes the ability to close out the rest of the world.
- Reading Improves on Your Imagination – when reading a description of a place, event or person in a book, your mind has to stretch and imagine what you are reading.
- Reading Makes You Smarter – you can gain a wealth of knowledge from books at a fraction of the cost to take a course covering the same topic.
- Reading Improves Your Memory – the process of reading keeps your memory sharp.
- Reading is Entertaining – a well written book can help with all of the above as well as keep you enthralled in every word, page after page.
Share some of your favorite books in the comments and don’t forget to check out my LIBRARY.